The Benefits of Google Places
Did you know that Google is no longer just a plain old search engine; now they have a business directory that has become the number one place where consumers search for local businesses. Just think of the Yellow pages, but on steroids!
Gone are the days where people used local directories that came in paperback form, everyone now has access to the world wide web, where they can find a local business at the click of a button, and within a few seconds.
If you have a website for your business and are not utilising Google Places, you may be missing out on many potential customers for your business.
Out of the 7 billion people on this planet, nearly 35% are active internet users… That’s a whopping 2.5 billion people. So you can see the potential that having your website listed on the worlds number one directory has.
10 Advantages of Listing Your Business
There are hundreds of advantages of listing your business on Google Places, including the fact that it is completely free to do so.
Below you will find the top 10 of these advantages:
1. Online business listings is the way of the future and has now replaced the phone book as the number one place to go to find a phone number.
2. Setting up and optimizing your business listing correctly will often result in your website appearing on the first page of Google.
3. You can use your business listing to offer promotions such as discounts.
4. When your listing appears in the search engine it shows your full address, phone numbers and website address, therefore allowing customers to find you more quickly.
5. Smart Phone users can easily find your business without having to use a computer.
6. You will be able to analyse your listing and see what people are searching for to find your business and how many visitors your listing is attracting.
7. Customers can leave reviews on your listing which will allow other potential customers to read these positive reviews.
8. A Google places listing is free, forever!
9. Building citations and getting customers reviews will help to move your listing higher in the search engines, helping to bring many more customers than traditional advertising methods.
10. The most important advantage is that your business is likely going to improve and ultimately make more money than it did before it was listed in Google Places!
How To Get Your Business Listed
Optimising your Google places account is important as without doing so, it is unlikely to be shown at the top of Googles search results. Optimising involves both on-page and off-page techniques, similar to search engine optimisation for websites.
You need to make sure that everything on the page is optimised for both the user and search engines. This involves keyword research and then strategically placing these keywords in the description on the places page.
Off-page optimisation involves building citations from local directories, blogs and social networking sites. When your business is also listed on other sites, and the information matches your Google places listing, this is known as a citation. Getting citations is important as they show Google that your website is worthwhile and will ultimately increase the ranking positions of your Google listing.
It is important that you don’t try and list your business on Google without first understanding what you are doing. Many people in the past have not adhered to Googles terms and conditions and have had their business black-listed from the listing.
PPCNSEO have worked on many Google Places campaigns for local businesses around the world and have kept ahead of any changes that Google have made. We are able to help you with your Google listing and ensure that you have the best team working for you to ensure that your business is a success.